15 August 2008

Hilda Gets an Eye

I just added a "red dot" sight to Hilda. A friend of mine loaned it to me and said if I liked it I could make him an offer. It's a pretty cool little item.

For those who are unfamiliar with what a red dot sight is, basically it's a lense against which a laser is projected (the red dot). The lense sits atop your rifle. To use it you keep both eyes open and look past or through the scope. The effect is an optical illusion of a red dot being projected downfield onto where the gun is pointed.

It was so cool that the wifey actually held Hilda! Guns make her nervous - or she just doesn't like them. I couldn't say for certain if they actually make her nervous. In any event, she held Hilda and peered through the scope.

There were ooh's a and ahh's as I toggled throught the different sight options. You can either have the laser project a red dot, a crosshair, or "T" style sight. Frankly I was quite surprised that she deigned to touch the gun. As I walked over to her I full expected her to recoil and go "Ewwwwwww... guns!"

Maybe this Sunday I'll work on sighting it in.

No comments: