29 January 2009

Camping Trip!

My brother and I went camping Monday night. We woke up to season's the first wintry precipitation at around 4 am Tuesday morning!

We built a stick wall and then draped an emergency thermal blanket over it. Once we lit the fire, standing where I am in this pic you could feel almost no heat from the fire!

I brought my small tent since it was supposed to be cold. We used an extra rainflap to create a little sheltered spot to the side of the tent for our gear and for a little extra insulation.

The beginnings of my brother's bean cassole.

Preheating the iron pan.

As the evening wore on, we broke into our homebrew IPA.

My brother huddling by the tent. My little propane camp stove is heating my brother's antique iron coffee percolator. It was the perfect size for two cups of coffee and it was the first cup of camp coffee I'd ever had without any grounds in it!

No comments: