09 January 2009

I Should Be An Economist...

Here's a great article on Reuters concerning how close we may be to another Great Depression:

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE5077TM20090109

Why should I be an economist? I've been saying almost the exact same things as are in this article for around a year. Particularly the point about how the unemployment numbers these days are calculated as compared to how they were calculated in the 1930's (i.e. today they are parsed to make unemployment look lower).

If you search this blog for the word "depression" you will see six entries dating back as far as early June 2008. If you know me, you'll know that I have talked about our proximity to another depression for at least a year. Hmmm - right around the time that this long recession began.

No comments: