02 June 2008

Solidarity!

I've found that a friend of mine seems to share my thoughts on the potential for gridcrash. At least it would seem so based upon the brief email exchange we had. He may be coming with my brother and I on our Hike-n-Shoot* on June 8th. If not, then we're sure to get together for a beer soon to mill over the topic.

Also, my wife just read the book Peak Oil Survival by Aric McBay (linked in the Required Reading section to the right). That's a good thing. I'd hate to think that if anything happened to me that all of the survival-type knowledge in our family would go with me. She seemed to find it an interesting read.

My brother and I also may have made some headway on getting her to come out and shoot with us. Not sure how the logistics of that would work (with the kids), but it's encouraging that she's at least opening up to the idea.

* Hike-n-Shoot: A morning of backpack hiking in the mountains followed by an afternoon spent target shooting in Barboursville. An event we will be doing every other week.

No comments: